In order to get organised for our big day I’ve been looking at wedding checklists. I’ve discovered that these checklists are not for the light hearted! It seems impossible to find one for someone like me who doesn’t want to do too much work, but doesn’t want to forget anything. I don’t want a never ending list that makes me nervous every time I look at it. So I’ve decided to make my own (editable) checklist! I want something I can stick on the fridge, not an essay!
18 months to go:-
1. Make a draft guest list- This will allow you to pick a reception venue to accommodate you and your guests.
?w=145″ alt=”” width=”145″ height=”150″ />
2. Decide your budget- Your guest list should give you an idea of how much you will be spending.
3. Book your wedding venue- the venue availability will usually determine your date. Most venues require a deposit at this point. Consider wedding insurance at this point.
4. Decide what your menu will be- usually done when booking the venue.
5. Book your ceremony venue- this will be my church. (Make sure you’re friendly with your priest!) Sort out your weddibg licence at the same time.
6. Create a wedding folder with clippings of the style of dress you want, colours/themes, bridesmaid dresses. ?w=150″ alt=”” width=”150″ height=”125″ />
7. Think about who you want in your bridal party- I like symmetry so I prefer there to be as many bridesmaids as there are grooms-men.
8. Make a note of wedding suppliers- add this to your scrap book
9. Try on wedding dresses- it’s important to get an idea of the style you want for your big day
12 months to go:-
10. Send out your Save the Date cards.
11. Buy your wedding dress! You now have 12 months to have fittings and make adjustments.
12. Sort out your bridal parties outfits: choose your bridesmaids dresses- these always need adjusting! Get the Groom and Grooms-men to start thinking about their outfits. Sort out the flower girl/page boys outfits- remember that kids grow all the time.
13. Sort out your wedding transport- you don’t want to end up hailing a cab on your big day so make sure you book a reputable company.?w=150″ alt=”” width=”150″ height=”112″ />
14. Choose your wedding photographer/videographer
6 months to go:-
15. Send out your wedding invitations
16. Choose your wedding cake
17. Decide what wedding favours you’ll have.
18. Sort out/think about what flowers you want. Your scrapbook should help– book the florist.
19. Book any musicians/bands/Dj’s. At the same time book your toastmaster (if you’re having one).
20. Choose who you want to read at your ceremony.
21. Decide how you will style your venue
22. Book your honeymoon!
3 months to go:-
23. Choose and buy the wedding rings
24. Sort out bride/groom shoes
25. Choose your First dance song
26. Sort out your order of service with the church
27. Have a trial run with your wedding hairdresser/beautician. Pick your look.
28. Design seating plan
29. Choose table decorations
?w=126″ alt=”” width=”126″ height=”150″ />
30. Check your passports do not expire before/during your honeymoon
1 month to go:-
31. Go over plans for your day with your reception venue
32. Check over order of service with your church
33. Have your Hen/Stag Do’s
2 weeks to go:-
34. Confirm eveything is still running smoothly with venue/church. This would be an ideal time to have a wedding rehearsal.
35. Shop for your honeymoon wardrobe and pack! (Don’t forget to pack your passport!)